Be Ready For Fuel Delivery Day: 5 To-dos
Our propane and heating oil delivery crews work hard to keep you warm all winter long, delivering in some extreme New Hampshire conditions—but on some days, especially during severe weather, we can really use an assist from you.
Please help us keep our crews safe and able to get fuel to as many of our customers as possible by making the following preparations in advance of our arrival on delivery day—particularly during and in the aftermath of severe winter weather.
- Clear a path to your fill pipe or fill vent – Snow, ice, and debris can block the path to your oil or propane tank, making it difficult for our crews to safely deliver your fuel. Try to keep at least an 18-inch wide path to your pipe or vent clear so our team can reach it easy and safely. If you have a propane tank, mark the fill vent with a tall flag so our crews can easily spot it in heavy or drifting snow.
- Shovel/salt your driveway – If our crew needs to use your driveway to access your fuel tank, please be sure to shovel and de-ice so they can navigate it safely, keeping in mind that our trucks are wider than your car.
- Unlock gates – If access to your tank requires our crew to enter through a gate, please make sure it is unlocked on delivery day—or make sure someone is home to let our crew in.
- Control your pets – We want to deliver your heating oil or propane, but we want to do it safely for both our drivers and your pets. Please be sure your pets are secured on delivery day.
- Be accessible – Make sure an adult is accessible on delivery day, preferably by cell phone or in person; If something unexpected happens that needs your immediate attention, our delivery team will need to contact you.
Thanks for helping us keep our customers safe, warm, and satisfied with reliable, on-time heating oil and propane delivery in Grafton, Belknap, and Carroll counties. Our drivers appreciate your consideration.
Not a Pemi River Fuels customer yet? Contact us today to join the family!